That night, John came home from the office and I hadn't even started dinner. I had spent the better part of an hour letting Olivia and even little Sophie brush, braid and "fix" my hair. As I sat there with Olivia brushing away and Sophie curled in my lap, I got the strongest feeling of contentment. A feeling of joy and happiness. THIS is why I wanted to be a mommy.Why is it then that I'm not very good at making the right decision in these incidences. There is always so much work to do! But no matter how nice of a dinner I make, how much laundry I get done, how clean the house .... none of those things ever make me feel like I do in those special "mommy moments".
(side note.... After I apologized for not making any dinner, John told me that it warms his heart to see me playing there with the kids.... and that is where I should be! (We had Chinese take-out))

2 comments:
I love those moments too. Darling picture of Olivia.
What a tender experience. Good job mom! And I love John's reaction.
Post a Comment