I had to post a quick note about a new discovery!! This week while we were up in the mountains I discovered a talent I didn't have ANY idea I had .... I am a darn good shot with a BB gun!! John bought 2 BB shotguns and a BB handgun for our trip ... I was extremely accurate with the shotguns and I was feeling pretty "Charlie's Angels" with the hand gun! I had a LOT of fun shooting at targets and shooting Pepsi cans out of trees...
Brian, our friend who came with us on our camping trip, handed me his fancy BB shotgun with a sight on it for my first time ever to shoot a BB gun ... it was pretty heavy and awkward ... but I hit the bulls eye .... first try!
Now I will admit I have shot a real shotgun ONCE before ... about 12 or 13 years ago. My grandfather was a big game hunter (he would go on safari in Africa for months at a time....) who took John and I out shooting with his old buddies. I just thought it was a fluke that I hit the clay pigeon with the double barrelled shotgun... maybe not?
I also discovered this new talent with the BB gun is only slightly better than my talent with a slingshot! WHO KNEW!! My kids thought it was pretty cool they could point out any tree and I could hit it square with a paint ball!So if I don't answer the phone the next time you call .... I just might be outside practicing my SKILLS.... :)

2 comments:
"shotgun Cheri" I love it. Why does this not surprise me???
I could only hit the target with the little gun... handgun? Is that what it's called?
Post a Comment