A few years ago Katie was stung by a bee. She was on top of a house boat at Lake Powell, running her hand along a rail, when she must have ran her hand right over a bee. John was trying to soothe her tears and told her she was now officially a member of the BEE club. He named off all the people in our extended family that had been stung by bees and were therefore members of this club. It didn't take the pain away but it definitely took her mind off of it!
Last summer, Olivia became a member while jumping in the pool. She hit a bee mid flight and somehow got stung on the rump. All the kids immediately piped in..."Olivia!! Now your a member of the BEE club!"
Well, on our latest vacation to Southern Cal, we welcomed a new member to our special club. We also re-welcomed an existing member. The existing member was me! I was last stung at the age of about 10. While turning on the hose in the yard to play in the sprinklers I sat on a bee! This time, as we were walking down the beach, I stepped right on one!
The very next day we welcomed our newest, and youngest, member. We were just packing up all of our beach toys, chairs, boogie board, etc when little Sophie started to wail. She had tried to pick one up off of the sand and it stung her right on the tip of her thumb! Poor BABY!!
Now our little Sophie is officially a member of the BEE club too. Needless to say the rest of the kids are in no hurry to join!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I was just thinking about blogging about our family experience with bees. The kids have a bee book they love and when we read it yesterday we started reminiscing about a day last year when we were getting ready to leave for an outing. The kids were out at the car and when I came out they were squealing and dancing around. I told them to settle down, but came to find out they were being attacked by bees!!! There were about 10 bees swarming around them. Caroline and Christina got stung. I don't know how Grace and Thomas escaped. Scared us all out of our minds. I was so eager to get the heck out of there I didn't come up with a fun distraction like the bee club, although I may have treated us all to Slurpee's. :)
Cheri- Jessie just got stung again at the park the other day... and Issie was stung when she stepped on one a couple weeks ago- tis the season for BEES I guess.
How cute, and a fun way to soothe the pain. Tucker was just stung by a bee in the mouth! His mouth was soooo swollen from it. We had no idea that he was allergic. He had to go to the doctor and and get a shot - now we have to take him to an allergy docotr - He is now in the BEE club!
issie and i are pround members of the bee club :)
Post a Comment