Every time I visit my grandparents in Texas I eat and EAT andEAT!!! My grandma always has a huge array of appetizers available. My favorite is her delicious salsa and guacamole.
This is my version of her recipe (I tweaked it just a little...)2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE USES CANNED TOMATOES!!!)
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 sweet onion
1/2 - 1 bunch cilantro (to your taste)
2 cloves garlic

1 sweet onion
1/2 - 1 bunch cilantro (to your taste)
2 cloves garlic

I process it all in my Cuisinart in 2 separate batches and then just combine in a big bowl. Delicious! And you can NOT tell its from canned tomatoes!
For Awesome Guacamole:
Mash 2-3 avocados
salt with sea salt
stir in a couple of heaping teaspoons of salsa to taste
Stir well and ENJOY!!

1 comment:
We love Ro-Tel! Thanks for all of the yummy recipes!
Post a Comment