Over the past few years I have had so many people ask me how I can manage to have 6 children... all born in 9 years.... and still be a sane and functioning person. My answer is simple and always the same....because of my husband, John. HE makes it possible because he is the best husband and father I could have ever hoped for.

The following are reasons why I LOVE, APPRECIATE, ADORE and LIKE my husband so much: (In no particular order....)
1. He always helps me with the kids ... NO job is too much to ask of him.
2. He KNOWS my favorite chocolates and flowers (star gazer lilies) and always gets them on special occasions (and sometimes for no special occasion...)
3. He reads his Scriptures without fail every night.
4. He loves to brush my hair ... one of the reasons I decided to grow it back out.
5. He is an AMAZING father.... Our children completely idolize him.
6. He is the only man I know that reads books on how to be a better parent....He even bought a whole library of Cd's on how we as a couple can be better, stronger parents.
7. He listens to me complain about my midsection and yet doesn't say a word (usually) when I grab a Dr. Pepper, the biggest chocolate chip cookie or make homemade caramel sauce...and pour it all over my ice cream sundae!
8. He demands and expects our children to treat ME with the utmost respect.
9. He does the dishes at least as much as I do... if not more.
10. He does the laundry if I get behind.... without asking or being asked.
11. He enjoys shopping with me ...whether its at the grocery store or Macy's.
12. I love that he is excited to see me and the kids when he gets home from work.
13. I LOVE that he is so patient but is always firm ...He is a big believer of only asking once and ALWAYS following through.
14. He loves to surprise me with one of my favorite treats (Hawaiian shave ice) that he picks up on is way home from work (and he hides it because its just for me!)
15. He loves my cooking and will try anything!
16. He enjoys watching movies with me ... even if they are chick flicks he would rather not see ... just because of how much I want to see a particular movie... even Jane Austen!
17. He loves sports but will usually turn them off if I ask him to (and I have a really good reason...)
18. He supports me in my crazy dog breeding hobby.
19. He has let my sisters live with us rent free multiple times.
20. He loves boats and water sports and wants our kids to love them too.
21. He loves clean sheets and clean towels and takes notice of those things!
22. FHE is a HUGE priority for him.
23. He loves our babies.....24. He supports me 100% on my "girls night out" as well as my girls weekend trips .... because he knows I come back a better mom and wife!
25. He has become the total handyman and mechanic.
26. He is one of the most unselfish people I know.
27. He lets me volunteer to do costumes in the latest Gilbert Fine Arts Play that took me away from the family for hours and hours.... day after day.... for weeks!
28. He loves to take us on vacation .... whether it be camping with our trailer or going to Kauai.
29. I love that he loves his calling in Young Men so much .... and aways does his best.
30. He loves history ... especially WWII.
31. He LOVES to read ... and will read almost anything I will. (I even talked him into reading The Host!!)
32. He encourages all of us to try new things ... he even got me to go repelling! (and I am TERRIFIED of heights...)
33. He is so handsome!!! :) (I had to throw that in!)
34. He NEVER gives up.
35. He wants ME to be the best I can be.
There are so many more.... I am sure I will add more later....
Happy Anniversary John ... Thank you for 15 of the best years of my life!

2 comments:
Amen to all of that... John you really are a great hubby (I can say that, right?). You and Cheri together are a fabulous team and I am sooo grateful for your example to me. Now I need to start making my list about my amazing husband.
What an awesome tribute! I think I'll just print that out for my girls so that they know what to look for when they are dating!! Happy Anniversary to you both...you are BOTH amazing!!
Post a Comment