Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Little Melancholy

So... yesterday I spent 2 hours in the dentist's chair getting a few old filling repaired in preparation for my braces. Today I spent 2 hours getting my braces on. So far they don't hurt too bad ... and I have discovered an added bonus with these suckers .... they store snacks for later!! YUM! :)

Thursday my little sister is moving away. I guess at 23 she is old enough to spread her wings and be on her own without me. Its not like she hasn't moved away before.... she has lived with us 5 times since she was 14 years old..... but for some reason this time is HARDER. NOw she is taking Hayley too ....

2 weeks from tomorrow one of my VERY BESTEST FRIENDS is moving across country to Philadelphia. I fondly refer to her as my "drinking buddy" ... We like to hit the hard stuff.... Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke... NO diet for us! She is my inspiration, my ear, my shoulder, my advice, my co-conspirator, my SISTER.

JOHN BETTER BRING YOU BACK TO US!!

So... a melancholy post for a melancholy day from a bit melodramatic me.....

4 comments:

Erika said...

You are making me cry. Congrats on the braces. Where is Tami moving?! What a blessing to have a friendship like that!! I still cannot believe they are leaving!!!

Laura said...

Warning- completely random sentences ahead... Cheri I love you! Yes, please please please John Christian bring me back! I can't wait to see you with your braceface. I thought maybe you would drop by today. I am going to miss Tami too. She always has something funny to say. And her mini-me Haley will be missed too. I am happy for her though. Maybe we'll have to be milkshake partners now that you have been told to lay off the soda. Let's go out and by a moo-moo to usher in the era of milkshakes.

kara jayne said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a melancholy day. I am happy for you about the braces though. Not fun to got through, but you will probably LOVE the result.

I'm sorry for you that Tami is moving, but I hope it's a good thing for her.

I too am so sad to see the Dryden's moving. Laura was one of the first people that invited us over when we moved it. I love them so much.

Hopefully all good things will come from these changes!

&D designs said...

I can't wait to see you in braces! Hey I taught a class for your ward last night - I was hoping to see you there at Dena's - you have some fun gals in your ward!