Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Midweek Recipe!!

Easy and Delicious Hot Caramel Sauce

Melt 5 Tbsp. butter in saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in 1 cup brown sugar; stir until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup half and half (I have used milk) and a pinch of salt.
Bring to boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. vanilla

This is soooo yummy on ice cream .... I refrigerate any left overs. It will thicken as it cools ... just warm it up! (Although I like to eat it right out of the fridge with a spoon!!)

3 comments:

Laura said...

will you make me some of that?

Erika said...

YUM!!!! I think I'm going to have to buy some ice cream tomorrow morning. You can eat it for breakfast, right?

Hopefully you're planning on sharing something yummy every Wednesday?! Can I hope?

&D designs said...

Hey girl - I came across your blog from Marla's web-site!! Come visit me at www.andigooch.blogspot.com I'm hoping to go to Aspire with both my girls just for the summer - call me if your going. How did your play with your girls turn out? - andi gooch