Thursday, May 15, 2008

Midweek Recipe!!

YUMMY Shredded Sweet Pork

(Like Costa Vida's and Cafe Rio's)


6 pound pork roast
1 jar salsa (12 oz) (I just used Pace picante sauce)
2 cups brown sugar
1 can COKE

Place roast in crock pot ... fill crock pot halfway with water. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours. Remove pork and drain water. Cut pork roast into thirds (I also trimmed off a lot of fat) and return roast to crock pot. Combine salsa, brown sugar and coke and pour over pork. Cover and cook on high 3 hours. Shred pork.

This is DELICIOUS! I just got this from a recipe exchange from our relief society. It is good in tacos, burritos and on salad... I have the cilantro ranch recipe too ...

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love a good crock pot recipe and this one looks delish! Now I know what we're having for Sunday dinner.

Katie said...

YUMMYYUMYUMYUMYUM!!