Katie has had a pretty amazing year. She finished the Young Women's program at church and received her Young Womans medallion. She got to visit Boston this year... twice! She made the High School cheer squad. She got her round-off-back-handspring-back-tuck back!
Katie has been so busy with school and cheer that her love - theater - has had to take a back seat. She did manage to squeeze in "Jekyll and Hyde" this year.... but that's it! This is the 1st year in 5 years she hasn't been in the big Gilbert Fine Arts production. I guess it really demonstrates her dedication to her grades! Her goal is BYU Provo..... Katie wants to be an author!
Katie was chosen to sing a solo at the choir concert this past year. She sang "For Good" from Wicked... and it was amazing! Her voice has really matured this year. I love to hear her sing. She has a different sound to her voice.... jazzy almost. I love to hear her sing "When I Die Young" and "On My Own" from Les Mis. She also sings a pretty cool version on Anything Goes by Cole Porter!
She is still studying piano as well. My kids all know that in our home... you start piano lessons at 7.... and you quit when you move out!
Katie is also pretty great in the kitchen. There are very few recipes she won't attempt. Last Sunday I was really tired so she made dinner while I took a little nap after church. She made roasted eggplant pasta... It was amazing!
I could not be more proud of Katie. She really could not be a more well rounded kid. She is such a great big sister and a great example to everyone.... especially me. I love you Katie cat!!


No comments:
Post a Comment