Last week John and I went to Adam's opening baseball game. We took Eric along to watch his big brother/hero. The girls stayed at home to finish homework and play. A few minutes before the game ended my cell phone rang. It was Katie and she was hysterical! It took me awhile to get her calmed down enough to even tell me what was wrong. Apparently Sophie and Liv were running around the family room dragging a jump rope. The handle of the jump road slid under our grandfather clock as they ran by, got lodged under a leg and then.... Flipped over....Crashing to the floor, shattering the glass over the front of the pendulums and the glass on the face..... but no one was hurt!! The girls were just scared mom was going to FREAK! (I didn't..... I was just extremely relieved no one was hurt!!)

Sunday evening I was at the computer finishing up Katie's birthday party invitations. John was at a fireside and the kids were playing upstairs.... or so I thought! Katie ran downstairs to get a pair of scissors and yells, "MOM!! Sophie!!" I run downstairs to find Sophie sitting in the middle of the kitchen table next to my brand new case of Utah peaches.... (that John had left the lid off of.) She had taken at least 2 bites out of 9 PEACHES!!
This morning I was gathering laundry when John and I started a discussion. I heard a noise downstairs where Sophie was watching Clifford. "Oh Shes fine..." John says. "Sophie is NEVER fine" I reply. When I sneak downstairs I catch her with a bottle of honey... alternating squeezing it into her mouth and onto the counter... all over!! Then as I am washing the honey off of her face, neck, arms and hands, I see our butter dish ... the butter is smashed into oblivion.... with dog food mashed into it!!


5 comments:
life will never be dull with little Sophie around!
Seriously, never a dull moment...I agree with Kara! My word, 2 bites out of nine peaches?... she was probably regular that day huh. By the way- my mouth is watering for those peaches RIGHT NOW. Glad you posted, I faithfully check everyday, so it's always a nice surprise when there is something new- keep it coming!
Sophie has good taste in peaches:) That probably moved canning up on your schedule.
The grandfather clock!!! The peaches crack me up ;-) She is too funny.
I love her. This is too too funny. Let's make sure to never get her and Dylan together.
Post a Comment