Spinach-Polenta Soup
8 servings
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1 bag (16 oz) frozen chopped spinach
3 cans (14.5 oz each) vegatable broth
1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1. Cook garlic and onion in hot oil about 5 minutes, stirring occassionally, until onion is tender.
2. Stir in frozen spinach and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except cornmeal. GRADUALLY stir in cornmeal. (stir the soup constantly so the cornmeal won't clump)
3. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until soup is thickened.

1 comment:
I'm so impressed that you'll make yourself a lunch like that. I find I'm usually eating things like a piece of turkey wrapped around string cheese (or In and Out).
Post a Comment