Last weekend we decided to take the kids on a fun adventure.
We rode Phoenix's new Light Rail into downtown and explored the sites.



It was a pretty long ride.... so we kept Sophie entertained with bubble gum.
I think she ate 4 sticks of Juicy Fruit along the way.... :)

We started off at Bank One Ball Park....

and stopped by a Mining and Mineral Museum...


and ended at the State Capital where we looked at all the war memorials.
Above is the anchor to the USS Arizona sunk at Pearl Harbor.

... looking up at the flag pole of the USS Arizona....

Afterwards we rode a city bus back to the light rail stop....
Ya gotta sit in the WAY back you know!

On the way home we stopped in at Rosa's for dinner.
It was a really fun day for the whole family!
5 comments:
Your family is so cute together! Looks like you had a great time!
It's amazing how you can live by a city for so long and still have so much to see.
I miss Rosa's like you wouldn't believe. Great way to end the day.
We will have to try that, it looked fun! I read back your blog that I haven't read for a while. Sorry about your puppies. Your family is stunning!!n Great job on the pics April. (Right?)
Thxs 4 taking us! thas wus sooo fun! u hav gotta take us 2 rosa's more often. ok... lyk i luk really bad in the 3rd picture. we were (pointlessly) trying 2 show sophie how 2 blow bubbles... she was facinated.
Cheri, how was the state capital? I never even saw it the whole time we lived there... aren't you grateful for AZ's mild winters so you can do things like enjoy the lightrail trip? Very envious right now. Your kids look darling.
Post a Comment