Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Great Photographer = Photos You Love!

We did it!!! We took family pictures with 6 kids and a crazy stressed out mommy! (and a very patient and tolerant daddy!)

I spent hours looking for matching outfits. Then I took them all back and started over. I started with fairly formal black and pink and ended on brown and denim.

...and then there was the hair accessories, shoes and jewelery.....

A date..... Trying to get every one's schedules to work with the weather and perfect lighting.....

We finally decided on a location. We wanted something a little more funky and different from the more formal pictures we usually take. We thought about the Riparian Preserve, inside our home, inside a beautiful custom Tuscan home (that I WISH was our home...), in a field, by a farmhouse, in a cute, shabby Chic hair salon..... and finally decided on the Mesa Arts Center downtown.

Getting everyone ready is tricky.... Sophie definitely needs a nap and it would be helpful if Eric slept too. That worked out real well... NOT! Four girls is a lot of hair to do.... especially with almost waist length hair!! And oh ya..... I would like to do my hair too! Dad does the boys hair..... ooops..... Oh well...better luck next time!

Two hours, dozens of Sophie meltdowns, Eric being a clown with his finger continually up his nose, mom having a few stress meltdowns and more than 600 pictures later..... We were finished!
She even took pictures of John and I .... together and by ourselves!! Definately a first!
And we LOVE them!!!
THANK YOU APRIL! You are AWESOME!
I posted just a few.....




6 comments:

rebecca said...

All right, you are SKINNY! Gorgeous pics. I love that Sophie has you all wrapped around her finger (your header photo). Definitely a funky, fun photo shoot. I love it!

kara jayne said...

they are gorgeous!!!

Rhonda said...

Those turned out awesome. The pics of you and John are great too. Beautiful family!

sarah said...

We took our pictures there last year -- fun place! Your family looks great!

Ms. Young said...

These turned out so nice. April did a great job and your family is so darling. I don't know how you do it???? You are amazing!!

Juliana said...

Those are awesome!