This afternoon I sat down on my bed to read a few chapters of my current book "The Count of Monte Cristo". For those of you who haven't read it....this is no small feat as the book is almost 1500 pages long.
As I was sitting down, I leaned over to turn on the lamp on the nightstand. When we moved in I didn't like the height of the lamp (too short) so I put it on a couple of old books we had in our book case. I did it so long ago I don't even remember doing it.... and certainly not the books I used. I must have used these particular books because they were old and looked interesting there.
Well..... peeking out ever so slightly from the base of the lamp, the authors named jumped right out at me today... Dumas!! As in Alex Dumas - author of the Count of Monte Cristo.
I moved the lamp and grabbed the book... "The Wife of Monte Cristo". The book looks very old. I opened up the cover and it has John's grandmother's name written on the front page from when she was a girl... almost 100 years ago!
Pretty exciting!! (And now I have my next book to read after I finish this one!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OK, that is pretty darn cool. I've never heard of The Wife of Monte Cristo. You're set for a while.
That is very cool! I can't wait to see what you think of it and maybe she will have left her mark there too.
That's neat. I'd like to know what that book's about. I love The Count of Monte Cristo. Fun find.
Post a Comment