Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1 Doughnut = 10 miles

I LOVE the old fashion sour cream doughnuts at Fresh and Easy. It has been a long time since we have had any around here so on Saturday I asked John to pick up a package. Yesterday, I took a peek at the nutritional info. (can you even call it that in reference to a doughnut??) on the back of the box. 1 doughnut had 17 g. of fat and 380 calories!!! AAaahhhh!!
This morning my friend Jen and I rode our bikes for 10 miles. Jen has a Body Bug (or something similar) so after we got back I asked her how many calories we burned.
380.
So now I know if I want 1 doughnut I need to ride my bike for 10 MILES to work it off....
That doughnut suddenly doesn't look so good!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Cheri, that is crazy! I guess that is a good way to look at it. Bye Bye doughnuts ;-)

And good for you for biking 10 miles today! I went to a spin class this morning and I'm still reeling.

Arizona Arnolds said...

I love the perspective check!
Lunch was fun today...should I worry about the milage?

Jen Frost said...

Oh, but they are so good, I guess they aren't as good when you look at it that way. By the way, I love going bike riding with you, it's been fun.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I shouldn't have said that naughty word. I've been thinking about your kids reading that ... so I'll re phrase... darn it.