Getting ready for 9 am church is always a challenge with 6 children.... especially with 4 girls!! Then when you add the fact that one of those girls is little Miss Sophie.... well .... lets just say that things are always exciting! Fixing her hair is somewhat like a rodeo event... one I usually win. However, afterwards she will patiently wait until just the right moment... like the car ride to church ... to undo and rip out any cute ribbon, headband, clippie, etc. that I worked so valiantly to put on her!
This week really took the cake .... She looked absolutely darling when we left for church. She was wearing a beautiful pale pink dress and matching headband. Then just a mere 1/2 an hour after church started, she was crawling after her friend (she walks fine....she was just playing around) and I heard a "Rrrriippp". Her pretty little dress was ripped from side to side!! She looked like a belly dancer ... so I of course had to run home to put on a new dress - luckily it is a hand me down from Rachel and I had another identical dress the same size from Katie. I took a picture first ... Definately "blog worthy!"

3 comments:
somehow i can just imagine you taking sophie down like a cowboy takes his calf- twisting, tying, throwing your hand in the air, and then looking up at the timer to check your time.
Thanks to Laura for the great image--now I can see it too! Crazy about the dress. I love that you were able to go right home and put the same dress on again.
I was glad I was there to witness it first hand!
Post a Comment