Friday, April 25, 2008

Academic Night 2008

Academic night this year was a lot of fun! For those who may not know what acadamic night is.... It is a night where Gilbert Public Schools recognizes students in 4th grade and up that have earned straight A's for that school year. (An "A" at Neely is 93% starting in 4th grade.)

We were so proud of Katie and Rachel for both earning straight A's this year!!

Before the program, John and I took the girls out to dinner to Logan's Roadhouse. Both girls ordered steak tips....definately my offspring!

(note: Logan's has a special Mon. - Thursday - 2 dinners for $13.99 and $2.99 kid's meals!)


They are given a Golden Scholar pin. (Last year I thought they gave Katie a pen...)

Way to go girlies!!

We are so proud of you for all of your hard work!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Rachel totally looks like you in the picture where they are ordering their food... I love it, a mini Cheri.

shayla said...

okay, Katie is your clone!!!! I wouldn't have been abe to tell them apart if she hadn't been wearing that necklace! So good to see you joined the land of blogs...watch out--it's addicting!

I know two Marlas...one is my BF and the other I did my student teaching experience with. I saw the name on your blog so I thought...hmmmm, must be her! How do you know Marla Arnold? I'll have to peek at her blog and see if she remembers me. I was 'Windhorst' back then....