Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Am

For the past couple of years our oldest daughter, Katie, has had a bit of an obsession with Titanic history and facts. She can tell you just about anything in regards to Titanic. Anything from where and when the ship was designed and built to how many children in first class perished. (that would be 1 ... but Katie could tell you her full name, age and family history ... no kidding)
Last year in 4th grade she wrote this poem for her advanced writing class:
I AM
by Katie Lundgreen
I am a Titanic passenger
I wonder if I will survive
I hear people screaming
I see Titanic sinking
I want to catch a lifeboat
I am a Titanic passenger

I pretend Titanic is unsinkable
I feel as scared as a trapped animal
I touch the cold, icy water
I worry that there are no more lifeboats
I cry when I know I might die
I am a Titanic passenger

I understand that more than half of the passengers will die
I say a silent prayer
I dream of surviving
I try to calm myself
I hope I will survive
I am a Titanic passenger

2 comments:

Laura said...

wow! very impressive, I just love katie!

Juliana said...

Wow! Great Job Katie!! I'm not surprised though! :)