Sunday, October 18, 2009

Las Vegas with Kids!!

I really was't sure if Vegas was a trip I wanted to take with the kids.... and there were a few uncomfortable moments ... but overall it was a blast!! We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Resort which was on the strip... but in the older area down by Circus Circus (although the Hilton is new .... and still has 1 tower under construction...)


We thought this particular "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign was the best choice with the kiddos!! Who doesn't love 5 stories of M&M's!!



We explored our favorite hotels - The Bellagio, The Venetian, Caesar's Palace, etc and went to all the free shows. The Fountain show at the Bellagio and the erupting volcano at the Mirage were both huge hits!! All the free shows that run every 1/2 hour to hour all were great... except one.... Treasure Island!! The pirate show has changed a LOT since the last time I saw it years ago!! I miss the fighting pirates!! "Sirens" (aka Strippers) and stripping pirates? ......well... I guess it is Vegas.....


The kids LOVED the gardens at the Bellagio. They were all decorated for Fall.... complete with Lord of the Ring type talking trees!!


You can just glimpse at one of the talking trees right over the girls' heads!


Sophie especially LOVED the talking trees!!


The older girls really enjoyed the Grand Canal Shops in the Venetian....


We just HAD to find our cheap Vegas prime rib dinner ... and we did!! $4.99 for a 12 oz with veggies and baked potato at the Gold Spike in downtown Vegas... and it was GOOD!! The girls all skipped the huge slab of meat and ordered the breakfast plate for their dinner.... and it was really good too!


I am loving my new phone more and more....It kept Sophie totally entertained while we waited for our meals!


The kids' favorite part was probably Caesar's Palace. We had a lot of fun identifying all the statues!! (Our family LOVES the Lightning Thief series!!!)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay!
I'm glad that you were able to go to Vegas with kids and have a GREAT time! Your family is growing up, I can't believe it.
I miss you!

Erika said...

What a fun trip! Sirens and all ;-)