
Whenever a recipe calls for broth, stock or bouillon, I use a product called Better Than Bouillon by Superior Touch. You can find the chicken and beef bases in the soup and broth section of any grocery store - Walmart included. You will need to go to a specialty market like AJs to find the more unique flavors.
To make: simply add 1 tsp of base per cup of hot water to make 1 cup of broth or stock... just like a bouillon cube. This base has a great, rich taste that I like TONS better than traditional cubes and even more than canned broth.
The following recipe calls for 5 cups of chicken stock. I simply heated 5 cups of water and stirred in 5 tsp of the Better Than Bouillon chicken base and VOILA!! easy, YUMMY chicken stock that didn't take hours to make! (although it is a little salty to you may need to adjust the amount of salt in any recipe!)

No comments:
Post a Comment