Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Missing in Action

I have been trying to decide after such a long absence in the blogging world if maybe its time to quit. We have been so very busy the last 2 months..... its been a bit overwhelming and I am exhausted!

A VERY quick recap:

Our oldest 3 kiddos perform in the Gilbert Fine Arts production of Thoroughly Modern Millie.... and I handled all cast presale ticket sales. A BIG job. We were at the auditorium frequently past 10pm every night for 3 weeks. (Rehearsals started in December...)

For some reason (ha ha) I got sick in February and couldn't shake it.... I was sick for 5 weeks!! And yet... the play must go on and the volunteers must be there to help!!

I was also called as a YCL leader for camp. I am VERY excited about this opportunity.... but it is a LOT of work too! Meetings, High Adventure trips, certifications, Psych Night.... the list goes on and on!!

For fun I help with food on the Enrichment committee....(my actual church calling is teaching in Primary...)

Spring Break = Disneyland and Lego Land!!

I was just elected Secretary for the Valle Del Sol Golden Retriever Club in Phoenix.... I am not sure WHAT I was thinking when they asked me to do this one....and then I agreed!!

We got a darling new 4 pound Coton De Tulear puppy from Paris.... we named him Armani....

Most everyone knows that I have a rather different "hobby". I breed and show European imported cream colored Golden Retrievers (and someday Coton de Tulears as well...). On Saturday we had 11 golden retriever puppies.... 3 of which were born in the back of my Ford Excursion at various stops along the 101.... Luckily Katie was with me and is now very good at getting the sacks off newborn puppies, drying them off and making sure there is no fluid in their lungs.... all of which she would do while I was trying desperately to reach exits to get off the 101....in heavy traffic!! You can see our babies on our puppy blog at http://www.wagsnwiggles.blogspot.com/

I attended 3 weekends of dog shows... one just to help our club out working a booth and 2 in the ring myself. Our Diva is now an International Champion and is 1/2 way to a UKC Championship as well....

SO ... over the past 2 months I have stopped exercising... I have been eating TERRIBLE.... I have not been in touch with many of my friends... I have forgotten VERY important birthdays.... just dropping all sorts of balls!!! I am trying to get back to normal but life keeps getting in the way! Life with 6 kids active in church, scouts, sports and music is frequently CRAZY. When you add my canine gang and all that comes with properly caring for them... well you get the picture.
Just be patient with me if I am preoccupied or forgetful..... Life will slow down soon.... right?! (Maybe after Easter?? :)...)

No comments: