I'm shaking so hard right now its hard to type....
Half an hour ago Olivia was late to her tumbling class. We jumped in the Excursion and were on our way down Higley. I was driving probably between 45 - 50 miles an hour. Suddenly, at the light at Guadalupe, a noticed a car turning left. I was surprised that they decided to turn .... I knew it would be close.... but in the end it was fine and I didn't even have to slow down.
UNTIL
The car BEHIND that one decided to turn too.
I SLAMMED on my breaks. I slammed my fist down on the horn. My wheels screeched; smoke was pouring out from under them. I'm sure it left long, black skid marks on the road. I turned the car slightly to the right to avoid hitting her head on..... which really wasn't a question in my mind. I WAS going to hit this car. My big, monster vehicle even started to fishtail....
My car finally came to a shocking stop. Luckily so did hers.
Our cars were only a couple of feet apart.....
I have never come so close to being in an accident. And the scariest part...
I wasn't wearing my seat belt.

8 comments:
glad everyone is ok, so scary to have those moments...
Thanks for the reminder to slow down...and wear the seatbelt. I'm so glad everyone is fine!
sounds like the driver you almost hit was from my lovely state, MA! I swear it's an old code or something that when the turn light turns red that means 2 more MA cars can make the turn.
Seriously, though...I'm so glad you're safe and no one was hurt.
Put that seat beat on! I hate those experiences - your heart races forever and you can't stop thinking about what could have happened.
Glad you're safe!
i TOTALLY learned my lesson!! I get a little teary eyed everytime I even think about it.... a moment can change everything....
Cheri--that is frightening! Please promise me that you will wear your seatbelt!!!
That is so scary! I am really glad that you were able to avoid it!
Post a Comment